If you’ve been wondering how you can bring out delicious dishes from Tex Mex paste recipe, then this is your opportunity to learn it.
Tex mex paste contains recipes that can be used as seasoning, for sauce or marinade. This paste is easier to achieve whether you use the dry recipes or the wet recipes.
If you try getting a hold of this paste and you haven’t been able to, because of some reasons, it is time to try your hands on some homemade tex mex paste.
So, let’s talk extensively about what this recipe is about, how you can make it, what you need them for, and other information that is beneficial to you.
What Is Tex Mex Paste?
Tex Mex paste is a full blend of pureed tomatoes, onions, and chili peppers combined with a six-spice blend.
Moreover, the flavor of this paste is perfect for condiment tacos, chili, meat, and more.
In addition, it is one of the condiments that has made its way to international markets because of its remarkable flavor profile suitable for many dishes.
You can use this paste to marinate, for sauce and for seasoning.
You can use Tex-Mex seasonings in various ways like
- Tex Mex Chili Pasta
- Pork and Poblano Enchiladas
- Black Bean Chili
- Black Bean Soup
- Beef barbacoa
- Chicken and Steak Fajitas
- Rice Bowls
- And also in recipes including meats and veggies!
A few tablespoons of the paste will go a long way for your recipes!
For this recipe, you need
- A small or medium-sized food processor or blender to pulse the onions, garlic, tomatoes, and peppers.
- An immersion blender for the final step of pureeing the paste.
Because this recipe uses several ingredients to create a very intense flavor profile, we will discuss the wet ingredient and the dry ingredients you need good results got this paste.
Dry Ingredients needed for the tex mex paste
- 3 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 6 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
Wet Ingredients needed for the tex mex paste
- 4 and 1/2teaspoons of garlic chili paste
- 4 and 1/2 teaspoons of rice vinegar
- 3 pureed white onions
- 5 ounces of Chipotle chilis
- 5 teaspoons of tomato paste
- 1 and 1/2 bulbs of homemade roasted garlic
- 21 ounces of roasted tomatoes
Substitutes for Tex Mex paste recipes
If you do not get the full recipe, you can use this recommendation.
- Tomato Paste with Chili Powder: Heat the tomato paste and then add the chili powder to incorporate it.
- Dry Spice Rub: Use any dry spice rub with chili powder as the main ingredient. You can use A taco seasoning that will also have a similar flavor profile.
- Pureed Chipotles: Puree a whole can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. However, you may need to simmer the puree to reduce the sauce for a thicker consistency.
How To Make Tex Mex Paste Recipe
- Cut off the end of the garlic bulb
- Sprinkle olive oil over the garlic.
- Wrap it in tin foil, then bake for 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Put your dried chilis in water in a small pot, and allow it to simmer.
- Let the chilis simmer until soft, for about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain out the water from the chillis after they have softened.
- Slice the onions and place them in the blender or food processor.
- Add the softened chilis and roasted tomatoes into the blender.
- Blend the combination until you have a smooth mixture.
- Put the puree in the pot, \and add all the ingredients.
- Let this boil, while you continue stirring the mixture for 15-18 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
This tex mex paste can be used as a marinade, a sauce, and as a seasoning.
- How to make a marinade of the tex mex paste
To make a marinade, combine three tablespoons of tex mex paste with two tablespoons of pineapple juice, and two teaspoons of lime juice.
You can then add your protein and marinate for one hour before cooking.
How To Make A Sauce Of The Tex Mex Paste
Combine three tablespoons of paste with one-quarter cup of mandarin juice. Reduce the sauce by simmering it for 10 minutes.
Then remove the sauce from the heat and add one tablespoon of butter.
How To Make A Seasoning Of The Tex Mex Paste
Add your Tex Mex paste to your taco meat after browning using about three tablespoons per pound of meat.
Nutrition information per serving
- Calories: 23kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.04g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.05g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g
- Sodium: 370mg
- Potassium: 49mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 284IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- Iron: 1mg
You can store this paste in the refrigerator while fully covered for 3-4 days. After that, you will want to freeze any remaining paste so it doesn’t spoil.
You can also place it in an airtight container and put it in the freezer so that the remaining won’t get spoilt.
Also, you can pour it into an ice cube tray if you use it often. You can then put all the frozen cubes in a freezer to use later.
Roast your garlic so that the cloves will be soft and fragrant after about 30 minutes in your oven.
You can increase or reduce the number of peppers to achieve your desired amount of “heat” for this recipe.
Use a regular blender if you don’t have an immersion blender. However, you must ensure to allow the mixture to cool slightly before using the immersion blender.
To achieve a silky paste with no chunks, paste consistently or use an immersion blender.
Tex Mex paste isn’t the healthiest paste recipe as it is still filled with sugar and carbs, however, it has much less sodium and fat.
Meanwhile, you have to avoid going overboard with using this paste as you need to use it appropriately.
Tex Mex paste comprises several ingredients that give full flavored taste. You can use this recipe as marinade, sauce or as seasoning.
You can make this paste using the wet ingredients or the dry ingredients.
However, you may need to wet the dry ingredient before you use them since you will be needing them for the paste.
In addition, there are substitute recipes you can use if you do not get all the recipes for this paste which will give it an even taste and flavors.
According to the health tips, you need to be meticulous in the use of this tex mex paste as it still contains fat with less sugar so as not sever as a threat to your health.
Thanks for reading! We hope you find this ultimate guide helpful.