Stop scrolling and read this best guide to preparing a crispy chicken fritta recipe in less than 30 minutes.
Crispy Chicken Fritta is made up of ingredients breaded and pan-fried to perfection. Therefore, let’s talk about how you can make this delicious crispy chicken in minutes.
Also, the health benefits, storage, and how best to enjoy your chicken fritta will be highlighted.
About Crispy Chicken Fritta
This crispy chicken fritta recipe is a super versatile recipe that can be served with an easy honey mustard recipe or chipotle mayo and french fries.
You can also fancy it up and cover it with my quick marinara sauce and mozzarella for Chicken Parmesan.
This recipe is crispy and delicious with a speck of cheesiness from the parmesan and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Ingredients needed for Crispy Chicken Fritta
- Chicken cutlets
- Whole Milk
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- For the Chicken Cutlets, use the flat side of a kitchen mallet to create thin cutlets to allow them to fry up quickly and perfectly brown.
- Whole Milk helps tenderize the chicken and enzymes in the milk help to break down the protein in the meat.
- Panko gives the batter an airy, light texture and allows it absorbs less oil than traditional breadcrumbs.
- Breadcrumbs are used for the Italian-style coating
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese helps to bring out a nutty flavor and parmesan crust on the chicken
- Flour allows the egg to stick to the chicken
- Eggs help the batter stick to the chicken
- Salt, Pepper, Oregano, and Garlic Powder are used as seasonings for a bit of Italian flavor
How Tp Prepare Crispy Chicken Fritta Recipe in 20 minutes
- Pat dry the chicken breast and slice each chicken breast into two thin breasts to make 4 total breasts
- Use a kitchen mallet to create chicken cutlets
- Use the flat side of a kitchen mallet
- Pound each chicken breast about 10 times to thin them into cutlets.
- You can use the bottom of a skillet if you don’t have a kitchen mallet.
- Then season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
However, you can cover the chicken with plastic wrap before using the mallet to avoid its juice flying around,
- To marinate and tenderize the chicken cutlets, put milk into a bowl and place the chicken into the milk for 10 minutes.
- Also, for the dipping process, get three medium size bowls ready.
- In Bowl 1: Add in flour, ½ teaspoon of salt, and black pepper
- In Bowl 2: Crack the eggs and whisk
- In Bowl 3: Toss together the Panko, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Dip the chicken into the flour mixture using tongs to avoid batter fingers.
- Dredge the chicken into the egg mixture.
- Dip the chicken into the panko bowl using your hands to coat the chicken with the breadcrumb mixture.
- To fry the chicken fritta, place a large skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat and pour in the vegetable oil
Allow the oil to heat up for a few minutes.
- Fry the chicken cutlets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until the chicken is crispy and browned.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet with a rack and cover it with foil
- Ensure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked by making sure it is no longer pink inside and/or a thermometer should read 165 degrees.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving it hot and fresh!
- You can serve it with fries, rice, pasta, or salad!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Method: pan-fried
- Cuisine: Italian
Best Ways to Enjoy Your Chicken Fritta
To enjoy this delicacy, you can serve it with a delicious Italian dipping sauce like Rao’s or Bertoli’s Italian Dipping Sauce.
You can also serve it with fresh veggies and a side salad for the ultimate Mediterranean meal.
It is also best served with your favorite pasta dish to have a complete Italian meal.
It also goes well with a salad
On Friday night, you can serve this crispy chicken with fries or tater tots and some sauce options like bbq, ketchup, and honey mustard.
Crispy Chicken Fritta is best stored in an airtight container to keep the cheese from drying out.
You can also wrap it in wax paper and store it in a resealable plastic bag for up to three days.
- Cook it in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Then let it cool for a few minutes before eating.
Calories in Crispy Chicken Fritta
- 250 Calories
- 7g Fat
- 3g Saturated Fat
- 70mg Cholesterol
- 500mg Sodium
Crispy chicken fritta is a fun and healthier option to fried chicken than traditional fried chicken.
This is because it is made of crispy breaded chicken that doesn’t need much frying.
Also, the breading helps to keep the meat from getting soggy or mushy.
However, you can cook the crispy chicken fritta in the oven instead of frying it to cut down on the amount of oil used while cooking.
Crispy Chicken fritta is a flavored chicken recipe that is alternated with traditional fried chicken.
You can enjoy this fried chicken with a delicious Italian dipping sauce like Rao’s or Bertoli’s Italian Dipping Sauce, fresh veggies, and a side salad for the ultimate Mediterranean meal or with a salad
It is best stored in an airtight container or wrap it in wax paper and stored in a resealable plastic bag for up to three days to keep the cheese from drying out.
Finally, this chicken fritta recipe contains 250 Calories, 7g Fat, 3g Saturated Fat, 70mg Cholesterol, and 500 mg Sodium.
With this guide, we hope you can now make your homemade and enjoyable crispy chicken fritta in 30 minutes.
Thanks for reading!