Summer is in full swing, and that means it’s time to start grilling! If you’re looking for a delicious and easy recipe to try this summer, look no further than mango salsa with grilled shrimp. This dish is perfect for a casual get-together or a romantic dinner for two.
The mango salsa is the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors. The mangoes add a touch of sweetness, while the tomatoes, cilantro, and jalapenos add a bit of heat. The grilled shrimp are juicy and flavorful, and they pair perfectly with the salsa.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make. Simply combine all of the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl, and then grill the shrimp according to your desired doneness. Serve the shrimp with the salsa, and enjoy.
What is Mango Salsa with Grilled Shrimp?
Mango Salsa with Grilled Shrimp is a delicious and refreshing dish that combines the sweetness of mangoes with the smoky flavors of grilled shrimp. It’s a perfect blend of tropical and savory flavors.
Mango Salsa with Grilled Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mango, red onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Serve the grilled shrimp with the mango salsa.
- If you don’t have a grill, you can cook the shrimp in a skillet over medium heat.
- For a spicier salsa, use more jalapeño pepper.
- Serve the grilled shrimp and mango salsa with rice, tortillas, or a salad.
Should You Soak Shrimp Before Grilling?
You can soak shrimp before grilling, but it is not necessary. Soaking shrimp can help to remove any impurities and make them more flavorful. However, it can also make them tough, so it is important to be careful not to soak them for too long.
If you do decide to soak shrimp, here are a few tips:
- Use cold water.
- Soak the shrimp for no more than 30 minutes.
- Pat the shrimp dry before grilling.
What Do You Serve with Mango Salsa with Grilled Shrimp?
Here are some ideas of what you can serve with mango salsa with grilled shrimp:
- Tortillas: Grilled shrimp and mango salsa are a great filling for tacos or burritos. You can also serve them with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Rice: Grilled shrimp and mango salsa can also be served with rice. This is a great option if you are looking for a more filling meal.
- Salad: Grilled shrimp and mango salsa can also be served on a bed of greens. This is a great option if you are looking for a lighter meal.
- Soup: Grilled shrimp and mango salsa can also be added to a soup or chowder. This is a great option if you are looking for a heartier meal.
You can also get creative and serve grilled shrimp and mango salsa with other dishes, such as:
- Shrimp cocktail: Serve the shrimp and mango salsa in a chilled glass with some cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.
- Shrimp skewers: Thread the shrimp and mango salsa onto skewers and grill or broil until cooked through.
- Grilled cheese sandwich: Add the shrimp and mango salsa to a grilled cheese sandwich for a unique and flavorful twist.
No matter how you serve it, grilled shrimp and mango salsa is a delicious and refreshing dish that is perfect for any occasion.
- Calories: 230 calories per serving
- Carbohydrates: 26 grams per serving
- Fat: 7 grams per serving
- Protein: 17 grams per serving
- Fiber: 5 grams per serving
- Sugar: 14 grams per serving
- Sodium: 940 milligrams per serving
These nutritional values are for a serving size of 1 cup of mango salsa and 4 ounces of grilled shrimp. The nutritional values may vary depending on the specific ingredients you use.
Is Mango Salsa with Grilled Shrimp Healthy?
Yes, mango salsa with grilled shrimp can be a healthy meal.
Health Benefits For Mango Salsa with Grilled Shrimp
Mango salsa with grilled shrimp is a delicious and healthy dish that is packed with nutrients. Here are some of the health benefits of this dish:
- High in protein: Shrimp are a great source of protein, which is essential for building and maintaining muscle mass. They are also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health.
- Low in calories: Mango salsa is a low-calorie food, making it a good choice for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. It is also a good source of fiber, which can help you feel full and satisfied after eating.
- High in vitamins and minerals: Mangoes are a good source of vitamins A and C, which are antioxidants that can help protect your cells from damage. They are also a good source of potassium, which is an important mineral for heart health.
- High in fiber: Mango salsa is a good source of fiber, which is important for digestive health. Fiber can help to regulate bowel movements and prevent constipation.
- Low in fat: Mango salsa is a low-fat food, making it a good choice for people who are trying to lower their cholesterol levels or reduce their risk of heart disease.
Overall, mango salsa with grilled shrimp is a healthy and delicious dish that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
Here are some additional tips for making a healthy mango salsa:
- Use fresh, ripe mangoes. Ripe mangoes will be soft and have a sweet, tropical aroma.
- Use a variety of vegetables in your salsa. This will add extra vitamins, minerals, and fiber to your dish.
- Don’t add too much sugar. Mangoes are naturally sweet, so you don’t need to add much sugar to your salsa.
- Serve your salsa with grilled shrimp or other grilled meats or vegetables. This will help to balance out the sweetness of the mangoes.
Mango salsa with grilled shrimp is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for summer. The mangoes add a sweet and tropical flavor to the dish, while the shrimp provide a protein boost. This dish is also low in calories and fat, making it a healthy option for those who are watching their weight.
If you are looking for a light and refreshing meal that is also packed with nutrients, then mango salsa with grilled shrimp is a great option. This dish is sure to please everyone at your next summer gathering.
Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Thaw them according to the package instructions before marinating and grilling.
Can I use other fruits instead of mangoes for the salsa?
Yes! While mangoes are the traditional choice for this recipe, you can experiment with other fruits like pineapple, peaches, or even a combination of fruits to create your own unique salsa.