Tacos are a staple of Mexican cuisine, and street tacos are some of the most popular. They are made with small corn tortillas that are filled with a variety of meats, vegetables, and sauces. Street tacos are typically served with fresh lime juice, onions, and cilantro.
This recipe for authentic Mexican street tacos is easy to follow and produces delicious results. The tacos are made with seasoned ground beef, onions, and cilantro. They are served on warm corn tortillas with your favorite toppings.
These tacos are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. They are also great for parties or potlucks. So gather your ingredients and get ready to enjoy some authentic Mexican street tacos.
Mexican Street Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- Your favorite toppings (such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, and guacamole)
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet or microwave.
- To assemble the tacos, place a spoonful of the beef mixture in each tortilla. Top with your favorite toppings.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For a more authentic flavor, use fresh, hand-made corn tortillas.
- If you don’t have chili powder, you can substitute a combination of cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Feel free to experiment with different toppings to find your favorite combination.
Here are the nutritional facts for one authentic Mexican street taco:
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 12 grams
- Saturated fat: 4 grams
- Cholesterol: 55 milligrams
- Sodium: 350 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 25 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
The cooking time for authentic Mexican street tacos will vary depending on the method you use to cook the meat. If you are cooking the meat in a skillet, it will take about 5-7 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through. If you are cooking the meat on the grill, it will take about 10-12 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through.
Once the meat is cooked, you will need to warm the tortillas. You can do this in a skillet or in the microwave. Once the tortillas are warm, you can assemble your tacos and enjoy.
Here is a general overview of the cooking time for authentic Mexican street tacos:
- Cooking meat in a skillet: 5-7 minutes per side
- Cooking meat on the grill: 10-12 minutes per side
- Warming tortillas: 1-2 minutes per side
The total cooking time will vary depending on the amount of meat you are cooking and the method you use to cook it. However, you can expect to spend about 20-30 minutes total cooking time.
Is Mexican Street Tacos Healthy?
Mexican street tacos can be a healthy meal, but it depends on the ingredients you use and how you prepare them. Authentic Mexican street tacos are typically made with small corn tortillas topped with grilled meats, vegetables, and sauces. This makes them a good source of protein, fiber, and nutrients.
However, some street tacos can be high in calories, fat, and sodium. This is because they may be made with fried meats or heavy sauces. If you are looking for a healthier option, you can choose grilled meats, low-fat sauces, and plenty of vegetables. You can also limit the amount of cheese and sour cream you use.
Health Benefits Of Mexican Street Tacos
Here are some of the health benefits of authentic Mexican street tacos:
- Protein: Tacos are a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue. The protein in tacos comes from the meat, beans, and vegetables.
- Fiber: Tacos are also a good source of fiber, which is important for digestive health. The fiber in tacos comes from the corn tortillas, vegetables, and beans.
- Nutrients: Tacos can be a good source of nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These nutrients come from the meat, vegetables, and sauces.
What Are The Different Types Of Mexican Street Tacos?
There are many different types of authentic Mexican street tacos, but some of the most popular include:
- Tacos al pastor: These tacos are made with pork that has been marinated in a blend of spices and then grilled.
- Tacos de carne asada: These tacos are made with grilled steak.
- Tacos de pollo: These tacos are made with grilled chicken.
- Tacos de pescado: These tacos are made with grilled fish.
- Tacos de barbacoa: These tacos are made with shredded beef that has been cooked in a pit.
What Are The Best Toppings For Mexican Street Tacos?
The best toppings for authentic Mexican street tacos are a matter of personal preference, but some popular options include:
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
- Queso fresco
- Cotija cheese
- Fried onions
- Fried beans
Mexican street tacos are a delicious and easy meal to make at home. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can enjoy this classic Mexican dish.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and that you will try making authentic Mexican street tacos at home. If you do, please let me know how they turn out.