The Swinging Sultan cocktail is a combination of vodka, pomegranate juice, lime juice, orange liqueur, a mist of raki, and a wrench of tangerine.
However, the sweet citrus of the orange liqueur harmonizes the tartness of the pomegranate and lime. More so, the raki adds a little extra to give it a unique flavor that is both exciting and refreshing.
You have searched for Swinging Sultan to have across this recipe. So, let us talk about the swinging sultan, the ingredients, and the preparation method.
Also, the nutritional information, expert tips, and health benefit of this swinging sultan cockatiel won’t be left out.
Swinging Sultan Cocktail
The swinging sultan was created in the 19th century by the owner of the famous “Sultan’s Palace” in Istanbul, Turkey.
It was initially served to guests at the Sultan’s Palace to calm their nerves after a long working day.
The cocktail initially got its name from the fact that it can be prepared without ice or water, and it was originally served in a glass with two handles.
As such, it has become more popular all over Europe and America.
Ingredients Needed For Swinging Sultan Cocktail
- A large ice shaker
- 1½ ounces of fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces of pure pomegranate juice
- Tangerine twists or orange twists
- 1½ ounces or Triple Sec which can be substituted with Cointreau.
- 6 ounces of vodka
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 shot tequila
- 1 shot gin
- 1 dash grenadine syrup (optional)
However, you can use Ouzo, Sambuca, or Anisette as a substitute.
Ouzo: Ouzo is considered a Greek spirit that is a great pairing for Raki.
This is because they are both anise-flavored, but ouzo is sweeter and has a fruitier flavor than Raki.
Wine: Use wine if you’re looking for something more sophisticated than beer or soda.
However, don’t go overboard on the alcohol by trying to mix your raki with a glass of wine.
How To Make Swinging Sultan
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Combine all ingredients, including the grenadine if you’re using it, and shake vigorously until well-chilled.
- Shake vigorously for five to ten seconds.
- Pour into two martini glasses.
- Spray raki over the surface of each drink, 1- 2 spritzes per glass
- Garnish with an orange slice or cherry.
- Add a twist and Serve immediately
Preparation time: 5 minutes
This cocktail contains
- 348k Calories
- 28g Carbs
- 2% Health Score
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein 2 grams
- Fat 10 grams
- Saturated fat 2.5 grams
To be sure to have good and flavored results when making your Swinging sultan cocktail, here are some tips you should follow:
- Ensure to use natural ingredients, and avoid pre-made mixes or syrups.
- Don’t skip the ice as the colder your drink is, the less likely you will have a hangover.
- Avoid topping off your glass with soda water to avoid your stomach from burning more quickly than usual.
- You can try to use seltzer instead.
Swinging Sultan Cocktail is best preserved in:
The freezer: All you need to do is to just put the bottle or container of your cocktail into the freezer, and enjoy it cold on a hot day.
The refrigerator: However, you will have to wait a little longer for the drink to chill after about an hour.
Keep at room temperature until it is ready for consumption.
However, you have to be careful not to leave it out too long and it gets warm again. This may affect its taste and texture when consumed later on down the road.
- Swinging Sultan is one of the best drinks with a healthy and great taste.
- It is rich in Vitamin C and helps to keep your immune system strong.
- It also contains a lot of antioxidants which can help to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease and help to prevent aging by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your skin.
- With this drink, you will burn more calories, as it contains caffeine, which stimulates the nervous system and increases your metabolism rate.
- Finally, it gives you more energy expenditure in the body after drinking it!
A final Thought on Swinging Sultan Cocktail
Swinging Sultan Cocktail was initially served in a famous “Sultan’s Palace” in Istanbul, Turkey to help people regain their lost energy after a long tiring day at work.
This recipe covers 5% of your daily vitamins and minerals requirement.
In one serving of the swinging sultan cocktail, you get 348k Calories, 28g Carbs, 2% Health Score, 0 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, and 2.5 grams of saturated fat.
This cocktail is a very good option if you’re following a gluten-free, dairy-free, Lacto Ovo vegetarian, and vegan diet.
You can make this recipe in 10 minutes following the ingredients and preparation method explained above.
We hope you have found the article helpful. Don’t forget to share your thoughts with us in the comment section.