Walmart is famous for low prices on all items it offers, including medications. It’s no surprise, therefore, how the pharmacy is usually flooded by people looking to refill their medications using the alluring deals on offer at the pharmacy.
If you’re trying to use Walmart Pharmacy, however, you must show up within specified hours to have access to the cheap collection of drugs. While the operating hours differ across Walmart outlets, there are general guidelines to help determine when the nearest Walmart will be open for service.
In this article, you’ll learn the Walmart pharmacy hours in the United States. Also, I’ll explain a bit on the variations among the different outlets in the United States and how to determine if the nearest Walmart Pharmacy location is open or closed.
When Does Walmart Pharmacy Open for Service?
Unlike Walgreens and CVS, Walmart doesn’t offer 24-hour service at most of its locations in the United States. There are very specific service hours that you should consider obeying to access the insanely cheap services at the pharmacy.
While some Walmart centers open 24 hours, Walmart Pharmacies typically only open from 9:00 am on weekdays and Saturdays. On Sundays, however, you’ll want to wait until a while later, since the pharmacy opens from 10:00 am.
It’s crucial to note that the service hours aren’t uniform across all days and locations. On some holidays, for example, the pharmacy may open a bit late or not open at all. Depending on the demand at some locations, the local Walmart may decide to keep the pharmacy closed for a while longer before customers start coming.
When Does Walmart Pharmacy Close for the Day?
Since Walmart has opening hours, it’s only natural that there are also closing hours after which you will be unable to access prescriptions for the day. As you expected, there are closing hours, and it isn’t as late as you may think.
While Walmart is known for closing around 11:00 pm just before midnight, the pharmacies close a lot earlier. The average Walmart Pharmacy will close by 9:00 pm on weekdays, which isn’t too bad for a pharmacy.
If you’re trying to access medications on a Saturday, ensure you get to Walmart before 7:00 pm. The Sunday closing hour is an hour earlier than that of Saturday, with Walmart Pharmacy outlets closing by 6:00 pm on Sundays.
How to Get Prescription at Walmart Pharmacy
Walmart Pharmacy offers cheap refills for your prescriptions, and you can schedule that right from your computer or mobile phone. You can refill your prescriptions right from the Walmart Pharmacy website or on the Walmart Pharmacy app on Android and iOS devices.
If you have a decent internet connection and a mobile phone or computer, here are the different ways to refill your prescriptions using a phone call, the mobile app, or the official Walmart Pharmacy website.
- Using the Walmart Pharmacy website
If you’re on a desktop computer, the best way to refill a prescription is by scheduling it on the official website. You can access the Walmart Pharmacy website by visiting this web address on your desktop computer or laptop.
As soon as you’re on the website, you can follow the instructions below to refill a prescription on the website without having to show up physically at the restaurant.
- On the website, find and click on the Refill Rx button. At this point, you’ll be required to sign in with a Walmart account to confirm your identity and continue procuring the medications.
- Enter your email address and then your password to sign in to your Walmart account. If you’ve enabled any form of two-factor authentication, you may be required to verify your account before continuing.
- After signing in, the resulting page should bring up the list of prescriptions you have with your account. Select the ones you plan to refill and click on Refill Now.
- On the resulting screen, you’ll have to select between having the prescriptions delivered to your home address or held for pickup at the nearest Walmart location. Select which one is the most convenient for you and proceed to make payment for the prescription.
- Select a payment method from the options and confirm it to make a payment for the prescription. If you’re trying to refill your prescriptions, you should already know that Walmart Pharmacy doesn’t accept certain payment methods like Venmo.
- Click on the Place Order button after reviewing your order to confirm and pay for the medications.
If you have an Android or iOS device with the Walmart app installed, you may want to use the app instead.
- Using the Walmart app
Refilling prescriptions from the Walmart Pharmacy website is app different from doing the same thing on the website since the menu options are named differently. If you’re on a mobile phone, you can open the Walmart app and select services from the options.
After that, you’ll select the pharmacy icon and tap Refill Rx from the options. Then, you’ll be prompted to select the different medications you need and you can make a payment to confirm your options. After completing the order, you can schedule a pickup or delivery to get the medications to you.
Alternatively, you can call to order your prescription refill by calling the Walmart Pharmacy customer service. The number to call is pretty straightforward: 1-800-2REFILL. As long as you made the call within regular business hours, you should have a pharmacist pick up the phone to take your order.
While this website focuses on restaurants and their operational hours, it doesn’t hurt to talk about pharmacies once in a while. Talking about pharmacies, Walmart is undoubtedly one of the most popular ones right here in the United States, especially for prescription refills.
In this article, I’ve gone into extensive detail on getting a prescription refill at Walmart. In addition to that, I also outlined the service hours for Walmart Pharmacy to help you determine when to show up at the outlet for a prescription refill.