Who doesn’t love a good burger? And when it comes to burgers, nothing beats a juicy BBQ burger hot off the grill. Whether you’re a meat lover or a vegetarian, a BBQ burger can be made to suit all tastes and preferences.
In today’s article, I will be sharing a delicious and easy-to-follow BBQ burger recipe that will have your taste buds watering in no time. From choosing the perfect patty to adding just the right amount of BBQ sauce, we’ll guide you through each step of the process. So, fire up your grill and get ready to enjoy the ultimate BBQ burger experience.
What Is BBQ Burger?
A BBQ burger is a type of hamburger that has been prepared with barbecue sauce, either as an ingredient in the patty itself or as a topping. The burger may also be grilled, smoked, or charbroiled to give it a smoky flavor. Other common toppings on a BBQ burger include cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and bacon. It is a popular menu item at many restaurants and is often served at outdoor gatherings such as barbecues or picnics.
BBQ Burger Recipe
Here’s a delicious BBQ burger recipe that you can try at home:
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean, 20% fat)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices of cheese
- Lettuce, tomato, and onion (optional toppings)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, BBQ sauce, breadcrumbs, minced onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions, then shape each portion into a patty.
- Place the patties on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- During the last minute of cooking, place a slice of cheese on top of each patty to melt.
- Toast the burger buns on the grill for about 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a patty with melted cheese on the bottom bun, then add lettuce, tomato, and onion (if desired). Spread some additional BBQ sauce on top of the patty, then place the top bun.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious BBQ burgers!
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the burger reaches 160°F for food safety.
- You can customize the recipe by adding other ingredients such as bacon, avocado, or caramelized onions.
- Don’t press down on the patties while cooking, as this can cause them to lose their juices and become dry.
- Use a brush to apply BBQ sauce to the burgers for even coverage.
- Let the burgers rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute.
BBQ Burger Topping
There are many delicious toppings you could add to a BBQ burger to take it to the next level. Here are some tips:
- Bacon – Let’s start with a classic. Bacon is a crowd-pleaser and a perfect addition to any BBQ burger. The salty and smoky flavor pairs well with the savory beef patty, and the crispy texture adds an extra layer of satisfaction.
- Caramelized Onions – Sweet and savory, caramelized onions are a delicious and easy way to elevate your BBQ burger. Slow cooking onions in a pan with butter or oil until they become soft and golden brown will bring out their natural sweetness and add a depth of flavor to your burger.
- Avocado – For those looking for a healthier topping option, avocado is a great choice. Not only is it a good source of healthy fats, but it also adds a creamy texture and mild flavor to your burger. Try slicing it thin and layering it on top of your patty.
- Fried Egg – If you want to take your burger to the next level, add a fried egg on top. The runny yolk will mix with the beef and other toppings, creating a delicious and decadent combination.
- BBQ Sauce – It wouldn’t be a BBQ burger without BBQ sauce. Whether you choose a sweet or spicy variety, a generous drizzle of BBQ sauce will add tang and moisture to your burger. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different brands and flavors until you find your favorite.
- Pickles – For a tangy and crunchy topping, add pickles to your BBQ burger. Whether you prefer dill or sweet pickles, they will add a refreshing contrast to the richness of the beef and other toppings.
- Jalapeños – If you like a little heat, jalapeños are a great choice. Sliced thin and added to your burger, they will bring a spicy kick and a burst of flavor to each bite.
- Blue Cheese – For a more decadent topping, blue cheese is a great option. Its strong and pungent flavor pairs well with the beef, and its creamy texture adds richness to your burger.
The cooking time ranges from 6 to 8 minutes per side on a preheated grill over medium-high heat.
- Calories: Approximately 400-600 calories
- Total fat: 20-40 grams
- Saturated fat: 6-15 grams
- Cholesterol: 50-100 milligrams
- Sodium: 500-1000 milligrams
- Total carbohydrates: 30-50 grams
- Dietary fiber: 1-3 grams
- Sugars: 5-10 grams
- Protein: 20-30 grams
What Meat Is Best For BBQ Burger?
The best meat for a BBQ burger is ground beef with a high fat content, such as 80/20, as it will result in a juicy and flavorful burger when grilled.
BBQ burger recipe is a delicious and easy to make meal that is perfect for any occasion, from a family dinner to a summer barbecue. By combining ground beef, BBQ sauce, and spices, you can create a flavorful and juicy patty that is sure to satisfy your cravings. Adding toppings can elevate the burger even further, providing a fresh and crunchy contrast to the rich and savory meat. With this recipe, you can enjoy a classic American dish that is perfect for any burger lover.
Can I use a different type of meat for the burgers?
Yes, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or pork instead of ground beef if you prefer.
Can I use a different type of BBQ sauce?
Yes, you can use your favorite brand or flavor of BBQ sauce. Just make sure to choose one that you enjoy the taste of.
How do I cook the burgers?
Preheat your grill or a skillet to medium-high heat. Cook the burgers for about 3-4 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F. Avoid pressing down on the burgers with a spatula, as this can cause the juices to escape.
When should I apply the BBQ sauce?
Brush the BBQ sauce onto the burgers during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking on each side. This will allow the sauce to caramelize and add flavor to the burgers without burning.