Do you know you can save yourself some money during the holidays by making your own Chunky Chef Honey Baked Ham recipe at home?
This Honey Baked Ham is one of those recipes that you will love to have for holidays, like Thanksgiving and Easter.
It is cooked with butter and honey, then slathered with a sticky sweet, smoky glaze and broiled until it gets a great sugary crust.
Would you like to try some homemade food?hen keep reading!
In this guide, you will learn how chunky chef honey baked ham, the ingredients, expert tips, and storage tips.
What is Chunky Chef Honey Baked Ham?
This Honey Baked Ham is a juicy and tender honey with a crispy sweet glaze.
It is easy to make as it contains sugar and savory spices. So, let’s get into details on how you can make your honey baked ham from home.
Ingredients Needed for Chunky Chef Honey Baked Ham
You will need
- 8 lb bone-in spiral sliced half ham
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- pinch of allspice
Instructions On Chunky Chef Honey Baked Ham Recipe
This cooking instruction will be shared in two methods. You can make use of anyone that is convenient and easy for you.
- Trim ham, then place it in a slow cooker.
- Combine melted butter and honey, and massage over the ham, ensuring it gets in between the slices a little.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 4-5 hours.
- Preheat your broiler to high
- Line a roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil on the broiler.
- Mix sugar, seasoned salt, onion powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves, paprika, and allspice in a small bowl.
- Put half of the sugar mixture over the top of the ham.
- Broil until bubbly and caramelized, then remove from the oven.
- Add the remaining sugar mixture to a small saucepan,
- Put 3 tablespoons of water or ham juices from the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Stir and heat to a boil for about a minute, then remove from heat.
- Brush glaze over the ham, then broil again for a minute or two, ensuring it doesn’t get burnt.
- Remove from the oven and let the ham rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Your honey baked ham is ready! You can serve it warm or cold.
- Combine your butter and honey, then massage them into ham.
- Let some of the honey butter mixtures get in between the slices.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 4 hours. Combine the dry glaze ingredients.
- Put half of the sugar mixture on the warmed ham, then broil for a few minutes
- Broil until it is bubbly and a little caramelized, and remove from the oven.
- Add the remaining sugar mixture to the saucepan with water or ham juices.
- Heat the mixture to a boil for about a minute. Remove from heat and brush the glaze over the ham.
- Broil the ham again for a minute or two (be careful not to let it burn!)
- Let ham rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to allow the glaze to fully harden and get that typically crackly crust.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- To Cook in Oven, Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
You can adjust the oven rack to the lower third position.
- String a roasting pan or large dutch oven with a long foil strip.
- Place the ham flat-side down in the center of the pan.
- Ensure that the honey mixture gets in between the slices when you brush with the honey/butter mixture.
- You can add a sheet of foil over the top to bring the sides of the foil up over the ham and cover loosely.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes per pound.
That means you have about 1 hour 30-40 minutes to bake 8 lb.
- The hams from the grocery stores are usually sealed bags that contain water.
Dry the ham with paper towels to ensure the butter and honey don’t just slide right off.
- Most hams from grocery stores are pre-cooked or smoked, so you don’t have to cook them.
However you can cook them if you want to, but it depends on whether you want cold or warm ham to serve.
In this case, you have to check the package when you’re buying, whether it says pre-cooked or smoked, or head over to the meat counter and ask the butcher to be sure.
- Instead of using water or ham juices to make the glaze, you can use some of your favorite bourbons.
- Bake the ham, covered loosely in foil, at 275 F degrees on a foil-lined roasting pan or super heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet.
You should bake for approximately 12-15 minutes per pound, then glaze as directed in the recipe and broil.
- If your ham is smoked or pre-cooked, you don’t have to warm it when cooking.
However, you should take the ham out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
Then, massage the ham with the butter and honey mixture, glaze as directed in the recipe, and broil above.
- If you wish to make your honey baked ham ahead of time, you can combine all the dry glaze ingredients (sugar, seasoned salt, onion powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, paprika, and allspice) and store in an airtight container.
Calories vary depending on which brands were used.
However, if calorie count and other nutritional values are essential to you, you are advised to run the ingredients through the nutritional calculator you prefer.
Leftovers Chunky Chef Honey Baked Ham should be refrigerated in an airtight container and must be consumed within 4 days.
More so, leftovers can also be frozen.
Homemade Chunky Chef Honey Baked Ham can help you save some money during the Easter holidays. This honey baked ham is mainly made from honey, sugar, butter, and other dry glaze ingredients.
For better homemade recipe results, you can use either of the methods explained above.
You can store leftover honey baked ham in an airtight, and it can also be frozen.
We hope you have fun trying this recipe.