Have you heard so much about the crack green beans recipe then wondered how you can make a perfect homemade copycat of it? Then let’s show you how in the ultimate guide.
If you’re a green bean lover, you will love the cracked green beans recipe, also known as the southern smothered green beans.
The crack green beans recipe is a mouth-watering, healthy vegetable coated in a sweet and salty glaze, then topped with crispy bacon and baked to perfection.
With the sweet-salty flavors of brown sugar and bacon, this mix is worth the waiting time. It is the perfect side dish anytime.
A spread of delicious Crack Green Beans recipe will have your kids waiting at the table to eat their vegetables.
So, how do you make this recipe from home? Keep reading to find out how.
What is the Crack Green Beans Recipe?
Crack green beans are a southern delicacy known by the name of Arkansas green beans or old-fashioned green beans with bacon.
Green beans are a very widespread vegetable in many regions around the world.
They are often considered a delicacy in Europe and Middle Eastern countries, where they are frequently served as a main course with meat or as a side dish with meat dishes. There are so many different types of green beans that can be eaten in many different forms.
Crack Green bean recipes are a splendid way to use up leftover vegetables.
As a fast lunch or dinner, you can use them in a soup, dip, or salad. They are also tasty in stir-fries, roasts, and more.
In addition, Green beans are already a good source of fiber, but when you eat them raw and crunchy, you get an extra increase of nutrients.
Many people like to add green beans to their food because they add a lot of taste to a dish. However, the flavor of green beans also depends on how well they are cooked.
If they are steamed or boiled, they would have a sweet taste. While stir-fried, they have a very different taste.
How to Make Crack Green Beans Recipe
In this session, we will discuss the ingredients needed and how to make the perfect crack green beans recipe.
- 3 cans of drained and cut green beans
- 6 bacon slices
- ⅔ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 6 teaspoons of Tamari soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- Tamari Soy Sauce adds an active layer of flavor.
- You can use either fresh green beans or frozen green beans for this recipe.
However, If you’re using frozen green beans, just make sure to thaw them first before baking.
- You can substitute turkey bacon for crumbled sausage.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay the green beans flat in the pan in one even layer.
Do not let the green beans overlap each other much.
- Cook the bacon you prefer, or you can use the microwave or fry it.
You may also make an air fryer turkey bacon, whichever you desire!
- In a bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, tamari soy sauce, onion, and garlic powder.
Give them a thorough mixture till they become slightly thick and almost syrup-like.
- Pour the sauce adequately over the green beans and make sure they are all well covered.
Furthermore, you can use a cooking brush to spread the sauce or leave it on top.
- Then, lay the bacon either on top in strips, or crumble it and sprinkle it over the top of the cracked beans.
- Lastly, bake the cracked green beans recipe for about 25 minutes in the oven, then serve alongside the rest of your splendid meal!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
Expert Recipe Tips
- You can substitute turkey bacon for crumbled sausage.
- Use pepper bacon for a bit of a spicy kick.
- You can also remove the bacon for a vegetarian crack green beans recipe.
- Add some art with a handful of chopped roasted nuts on top.
- Swap out low-sodium soy sauce with coconut aminos for a soy-free way of making these delicious crack green bean recipes.
- If you have leftovers, place them in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days.
- You should Refrigerate fresh beans in a bag to maintain color and freshness.
- Meanwhile, some green beans can be eaten raw.
Just take off each end and add to a salad or dip.
- You can roast the beans when you spray them with olive or coconut oil spray and sprinkle them with garlic and fresh cracked pepper.
Then Roast at 425°F for 20–25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or try these simple recipes to roast and air fry green beans for a quick side dish.
- Nutritional Facts
- Calories: 137g
- Total fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Unsaturated fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 431mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 15g
- Protein: 1g
Health Benefits of Crack Green Beans Recipe
Green Beans are a tremendous source of folic acid, fiber, and vitamins A, C, and K.
Here are some health benefits of green beans you should know.
- Harvard Medical School confirms that consuming more iron from plant sources which include spinach, pumpkin, and green beans
As they promote fertility for women of childbearing ring age.
- One cup of green beans provides 2 of 0% vitamin K and 4% of your daily need of calcium.
- Green beans are heart-healthy as they contain no cholesterol.
Although your body needs some cholesterol for healthy cell growth, too much is bad for you.
High cholesterol may lead to a build-up of fat deposits in your arteries, which can decrease blood flow to your heart and brain and cause a heart attack or stroke.
- Green beans can be enjoyed by many people who have chronic digestive issues
- They contain protein, and your body needs protein to maintain healthy bones, hair, organs, and muscles.
Protein is also essential to a healthy immune system. One cup of raw green beans has almost 2 grams of protein
- Raw green beans are a good source of vitamin C, and helps boost your immune system and protects your skin.
They are also a good source of vitamin A, which is vital for your immune health, reproduction, and vision.
- Green beans are also a good source of minerals, especially manganese, which is essential to support your metabolism and m, bone health, and promote wound healing
What To Serve With Crack Green Beans Recipe
Crack Green Bean recipe is an appetizing side dish that tempts both adults just as much as the kids, and they can be served with oven-roasted chicken, steak, and potato kabobs, or super tasty Pork Nuggets.
If you love this recipe, you can also serve it with our amazing mashed potatoes!
Crack Green Beans is a sweet and sour-tasting side dish topped with salty-tasting bacon and sauce that turns your green beans inan into an appetizing read for your family or gathering
They are easy to make, using only the cheapest ingredients in your house in a very short time.
In this recipe guide, we have taken you through the ingredients, tips, facts, and steps in preparing this mouthwatering crack green beans recipe.
You can store this recipe in the freezer if you have too many leftovers.
You can also enjoy this delicious dish with mashed potatoes, oven-roasted chicken, steak, and potato kabobs, or these super tasty Pork Nuggets.
Did you try out this recipe?
Kindly share your thoughts with us in the comment section.
How many beans should I use when making use of frozen beans?
You can use the same amount of green beans for frozen or raw beans. Just thaw the bag in the fridge glassware the day before preparing.
However, if you are cooking the same day, steam them until then, wed or empty the bags in a glass bowl and without them in the microwave.
What temperature should the crack green beans recipe dish be baked at?
You should Bake for 40 Minutes in a 350º F oven.
Can I prepare this recipe a day or so in advance before cooking?
Yes, you can prepare it in advance.
However, don’t abandon it until the day of cooking! And reheat thoroughly.
Can I make the Crack Green Beans Recipe with fresh beans?
Yes, you can. But you would need to add a lot of preparation time to get them done nice and soft.
Are gluten-free beans gluten-free?
There may be gluten in soy sauce, so you must check out for that.
However, Coconut amines can be used as a gluten-free substitute for soy sauce in this Crack Green Beans recipe.
What do crack green beans with bacon taste like?
The crack green beans recipe has a sweet and salty sauce that is thick and caramelized, covering the beans with some salty, crunchy bacon.