Are you tired of the same old boring chicken recipes? Give your taste buds a treat with this delicious and easy marinated chicken recipe that is cooked in a pan. Marinating the chicken beforehand infuses it with flavor and ensures that it stays moist and tender while cooking. And cooking the chicken in a pan allows for a quick and effortless meal that is perfect for busy weeknights.
Today we are going to show you exactly how to marinate the chicken in order to give it an added flavor and taste as well as make it nice and juicy too. So, let’s get started.
How To Cook Marinated Chicken Pieces In A Pan
Cooking marinated chicken pieces in a pan is a quick and easy way to prepare a delicious meal. Here are some steps you can follow to cook marinated chicken in a pan:
- Begin by preparing the marinade for your chicken. You can use a store-bought marinade or make your own by combining ingredients such as oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and herbs. Place the chicken pieces in a large resealable bag or a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover the bag or dish and refrigerate the chicken for at least an hour, or up to overnight.
- Preheat a large pan over medium-high heat. You can use a frying pan, a griddle pan, or a grill pan.
- Once the pan is hot, add a small amount of oil or cooking spray to the pan. You can use any type of oil you like, such as vegetable oil, olive oil, or coconut oil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess. Place the chicken pieces in the hot pan, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F. You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken.
- If you want to add some extra flavor to your chicken, you can baste it with the remaining marinade while it cooks. Simply spoon the marinade over the chicken as it cooks, or use a brush to coat the chicken with the marinade.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the chicken, making it more tender and flavorful.
- Serve the chicken with your choice of sides, such as roasted vegetables, rice, or a salad. You can also slice the chicken and serve it on top of a salad or in a sandwich.
- Enjoy your delicious marinated chicken.
How Long Does Chicken Take To Cook In A Pan?
The time to cook chicken in a pan will depend on a few factors, such as the size and thickness of the chicken pieces, the type of pan you are using, and the heat of your stove. Generally, it will take about 10-15 minutes to cook a small, thin chicken breast in a pan on medium-high heat, or 20-25 minutes for a larger, thicker breast. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs will take about the same time as breasts, while bone-in chicken pieces will take longer, around 30-40 minutes.
Can You Fry Already Marinated Chicken?
Yes, you can fry already marinated chicken. In fact, marinating the chicken can add flavor and tenderness to the meat, which can be especially helpful if you are using thin cuts of chicken that can dry out easily when fried.
To fry marinated chicken, first remove the chicken from the marinade and pat it dry with paper towels. This will help the chicken brown evenly and prevent the marinade from splattering and burning in the pan. Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, and then add the chicken to the pan. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side. You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the thickness and size of the chicken pieces.
In conclusion, cooking marinated chicken pieces in a pan is a simple and delicious way to prepare this versatile protein. By marinating the chicken first, you can infuse it with a variety of flavors and make it extra juicy and tender.
In this article, we’ve shown you every information you need about marinating chicken pieces. Use the comment box to drop your questions.
What ingredients do I need to cook marinated chicken pieces in a pan?
You will need marinated chicken pieces, oil or butter for cooking, a pan, and any additional spices or herbs you would like to use for seasoning.
Do I need to preheat the pan before adding the chicken?
Yes, preheating the pan is important to ensure even cooking and prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan. Heat the pan on medium-high heat before adding the chicken.
Can I add vegetables to the pan while cooking the chicken?
Yes, vegetables such as onions, peppers, and mushrooms can be added to the pan to cook with the chicken for added flavor and nutrition.