Are you looking for a delicious and hearty meal that’s easy to make and packed with flavor? Look no further than Instant Pot Black Bean Soup. This savory and satisfying dish is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a cozy weekend lunch.
With the help of an Instant Pot, you can have this soup on the table in under an hour, and it’s sure to become a new family favorite.
If you’re a vegetarian or simply looking for a healthy and satisfying meal, this Instant Pot Black Bean Soup is the perfect choice. So let’s get cooking and discover the delicious flavors of this comforting soup.
Instant Pot Black Bean Soup
Here is a recipe for Instant Pot Black Bean Soup:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound dry black beans, rinsed and picked over
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In the Instant Pot, heat the olive oil over sauté setting. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the vegetable broth, black beans, diced tomatoes, and corn. Close the lid and seal the valve.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can make this soup on the stovetop. Simply follow the same steps, but cook the soup in a large pot over medium heat until the beans are tender, about 1 hour.
- You can also add other vegetables to this soup, such as carrots, celery, or zucchini.
- If you like your soup spicier, add more chili powder or cayenne pepper.
- Serve this soup with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, avocado, or shredded cheese.
What Are Some Common Mistakes To Avoid When Making Instant Pot Black Bean Soup?
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when making Instant Pot Black Bean Soup:
- Not using enough liquid. Black beans are high in starch, which can make them thick and gummy if they’re not cooked in enough liquid. Make sure to use at least 6 cups of liquid for every 1 cup of dried beans.
- Not soaking the beans before cooking. Soaking beans before cooking helps to reduce the cooking time and make them more digestible. If you don’t have time to soak the beans, you can cook them for a longer period of time in the Instant Pot.
- Not adding enough flavor. Black bean soup can be bland if you don’t add enough flavor. Be sure to add plenty of seasonings, such as cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Not blending the soup. If you don’t blend the soup, it will be thick and chunky. For a smoother soup, use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Not adding toppings. Black bean soup is delicious with a variety of toppings, such as sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese, and cilantro. Be sure to add your favorite toppings to your soup before serving.
Is Instant Pot Black Bean Soup Healthy?
Yes, Instant Pot Black Bean Soup can be a healthy meal option. It is a good source of protein, fiber, and other nutrients. Black beans are a good source of protein, fiber, iron, and folate. They are also a good source of complex carbohydrates, which can help you feel full and satisfied after eating. The vegetables in the soup, such as onions, peppers, and garlic, are also a good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Here are some tips for making your Instant Pot Black Bean Soup even healthier:
- Use low sodium broth or water.
- Add more vegetables, such as carrots, celery, or tomatoes.
- Serve with a side of whole grain bread or tortilla chips.
- Avoid adding unhealthy toppings, such as sour cream, cheese, or bacon.
What Is The Best Way To Serve Instant Pot Black Bean Soup?
Instant Pot Black Bean Soup is a delicious and hearty soup that is perfect for a cold winter day. It is packed with protein and fiber, and it is also very easy to make. Here are some tips for serving Instant Pot Black Bean Soup:
- Serve with toppings. There are many different toppings that you can serve with Instant Pot Black Bean Soup. Some popular options include:
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Serve with a side salad. A side salad is a great way to add some freshness and nutrients to your meal. Some popular options include:
- Caesar salad
- Greek salad
- Spinach salad
- Serve as a main course. Instant Pot Black Bean Soup can easily be served as a main course. To make it a more substantial meal, you can add some protein, such as:
- Grilled chicken
- Freeze leftovers. Instant Pot Black Bean Soup freezes very well. To freeze the soup, simply place it in airtight containers or freezer bags. When you are ready to eat, thaw the soup in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave.
It will take about 30 minutes to cook the soup on high pressure. However, if you are using dried beans, you will need to soak them overnight before cooking. This will help to shorten the cooking time.
Here are the nutritional facts for a 1-cup serving of Instant Pot Black Bean Soup:
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 185 mg
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
Instant Pot Black Bean Soup is a delicious and easy to make soup that is perfect for a quick and healthy meal. The soup is made with simple ingredients that are cooked in the Instant Pot, making it a quick and convenient option. The soup is also packed with nutrients, making it a healthy and satisfying meal.
If you are looking for a delicious and easy to make soup, Instant Pot Black Bean Soup is the perfect option. The soup is made with simple ingredients that are cooked in the Instant Pot, making it a quick and convenient option. The soup is also packed with nutrients, making it a healthy and satisfying meal.
How long does it take to cook Instant Pot Black Bean Soup?
The actual cooking time for this soup is only about 30 minutes, but it will take some additional time for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure and then release pressure. Plan for about an hour of total cooking time.
How do I make the soup creamy?
You can make the soup creamy by using an immersion blender to puree some of the beans and vegetables in the soup. This will thicken the soup and give it a creamy texture.
Can I use a different type of bean?
es, you can substitute other types of beans like kidney beans, pinto beans, or navy beans for the black beans in this recipe. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the type of bean you’re using.
Can I use canned beans instead of dried beans?
Yes, you can use canned beans instead of dried beans. If you do, you will need to adjust the cooking time. Canned beans will cook much faster than dried beans, so you will only need to cook them for about 10 minutes on high pressure.
Can I make this soup vegetarian or vegan?
Yes, you can make this soup vegetarian or vegan by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omitting the cheese. You can also add in some extra vegetables, such as corn, zucchini, or carrots, to make the soup more filling.