Are you looking for an easy to make recipe for sand dessert? Then this article got you covered. The Sand dessert Recipe is like the traditional dirt cake or pudding that so many have over the years.
However, this recipe is a little less chocolate and has much more vanilla.
Hence, let’s discuss everything you need to know about the recipe for sand dessert, how to make it, the expert’s tips, and the storage information.
What is Sand Dessert?
Sand dessert is sometimes known as sand pudding. It is a no-bake dessert that is super easy to make for a crowd or a beach party, or a pool party.
This recipe is usually made up of vanilla pudding, cream cheese, whipped topping, and either vanilla wafers or golden Oreos.
Sand dessert tastes delicious, and it is the perfect dessert for any backyard barbecue, beach, pool party, or just because.
This is because the ingredients are as straightforward as the instructions to make the dessert, which will have people wondering if it is sand or not.
You should try out this layered Sand Pudding dessert at your next Barbeque party, pool party, or potluck, as it is super easy to make.
Ingredients For Recipe for Sand Dessert
To make this pudding, get
- 1 package of vanilla wafers
- 3 chocolate Oreo cookies
- 2 boxes French Vanilla instant pudding mix (Fout serving boxes)
- 2 and 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 package of slightly softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar (or 2/3 cup confectioners sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1 plastic sand pail with a shovel for serving
How to Make Sand Dessert
- Mix and whisk together the pudding mixes and milk until it thickens, 1 to 2 minutes, in a mixing bowl.
- Put in the refrigerator and Refrigerate.
- Get another bowl with a mixer, and beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add them to the pudding mixture and pour into a blender.
- Bend on the low speed of the mixer just until incorporated.
- Use a spatula to fold in the Cool Whip gently.
- Place in refrigerator and Refrigerate.
- Grind the vanilla wafers and Oreos together in a food processor using the steel blade to crumb into that resembles sand.
- Layer the “sand” and pudding in the bucket many times, starting and ending with “sand.”
- Dig in with the shovel and keep it refrigerated.
Cream together softened 8 ounces of cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth in a bowl.
- Get a separate giant bowl, and mix vanilla pudding with cold milk.
- Add the instant vanilla pudding mix to the cream cheese mixture and mix together.
- Fold in all of the Cool Whip.
- Layer into the sand bucket in this order: sand, pudding, sand, pudding, until you are done.
This recipe for sand dessert contains the following nutrition per serving
- Calories: 389kcal
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 7g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Potassium: 214mg
- Sugar: 30g
- Vitamin A: 580IU
- Calcium: 162mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
You can use a blender if you don’t have a food processor. Moreover, you’ll need a blender that is able to blend up the cookies into a fine “sand” like substance.
This recipe for sand dessert can be made a day or two ahead of time.
However, you have to cover and store it in the fridge until serving.
The Leftovers can last in the fridge for about five days when covered.
How To Change Up Your Recipe For Sand Dessert
- Change up the container you serve it in and serve it as a big casserole, in individual cups, or even in some cute little beach pails and serve them up!
- You can switch up the flavor pudding you make as many different flavors are white or even slightly yellow, including but not limited to Vanilla, French Vanilla, Cheesecake, and even Banana.
- You can also use different flavored vanilla cookies with Vanilla Wafers or Golden Oreos.
You can use any vanilla cookie you think might taste good and still look like sand when pureed.
To make the sand dessert pudding, you need ingredients like a vanilla wafer and chocolate Oreo cookies.
You also need French Vanilla instant pudding mix (Fout serving boxed, cups of milk, a package of slightly softened cream cheese, and a cup of sugar (or a cup of confectioners sugar).
In addition, with a teaspoon of vanilla extract, ounces of Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed, and a plastic sand pail with a shovel for serving.
We hope that you have found this recipe helpful. What’s your thought?